Hunger is invisible.
It's painful and it's a serious issue in our community. It's one that children face every day. In the spirit of connecting with the pain and possibility in our community, we hope to alleviate some of this pain through our Love Packs Ministry. The Love Packs Ministry will ensure that 40 children at Spotswood Elementary School who receive food assistance during the week will also have assistance on the weekends.
How can you help?
You can help by:
- Checking out our wish list on Amazon.com for items that we need
- Bringing non-perishable food to worship
- Designating an offering (write "Love Packs" in the memo line) to put in the baskets as they are passed during worship.
Or sponsor a child.
We also have a wonderful opportunity for you to be able to sponsor a specific child for a year. The cost for a child to receive a Love Pack every week is approximately $200 for the entire school year. Please email Catie Sumner (email@example.com) and let us know if this is something you feel called to do.
Going to the store and want to pick up a few of items? Here's a list of things we need:
- 100% Juice boxes
- Powdered milk (in quart-sized packages)
- Pouches of meat (tuna or chicken)
- Boxes of pasta (1 lb.)
- Macaroni and cheese (individual servings)
- Fruit cups/packages of dried fruit (serving size of fruit)
- Soup (with meat)
- Oatmeal (single serving packages)
- Granola bars
- Nutrigrain bars
- Pasta sauce
Thank you for helping to make a difference in our community!
We are so grateful to the Rotary Club of Harrisonburg for their support of the Love Packs ministry!