Our Rise against hunger meal Packing event will be held at 60 West Market St. on April 16th at 7pm!
Now is a great time to get hangry.
RISE actually wants you to get hangry ... about world hunger. Do some reading and research and dig into the root causes of hunger. Learn the statistics. What you'll discover should make you angry. The injustice that lies at the root of hunger should make all of us angry. Anger can be a valuable tool. When used wisely, it can serve as a catalyst for real change. Maybe we should get angry more often. Maybe real "hanger" could eventually end world hunger.
As we prepare to package thousands of meals on April 16th we invite you to get hangry with us. Use your passion to help us raise $4,350 and feed 15,000 people (or more!) through Rise Against Hunger, an amazing organization that feeds millions and millions of people every year. While this won't solve the deep systemic challenges in our world, it is a step along the way. Every donation makes a difference. Every meal brings hope. Let's learn about the causes world hunger and extreme poverty. Let's open our eyes. Let's become less numb. Let's get angry about hunger. Let's make a difference together on April 16th by packaging meals at 60 West Market St. at 7pm.
So we need $4,350 to pay for 15,000 meals – 15,000 meals that will feed 15,000 people.
- $3, the price of one drink at Starbucks, will feed 12 people. $5 feeds 20. $25 feeds 100. $250 feeds 1,000. You get the idea.
- And for your donations, your friends at RISE are going to do some crazy things.
- If we meet our goal, 15,000 people will have a healthy meal to eat.
Risks & Challenges
- If we fail to meet our goal, we may not be able to hold our Rise Against Hunger event
- We've already reserved the meals and we don't want to have to back out.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you're unable to contribute right now, you can still get hangry!
- Consider posting about the event on Facebook or Twitter to drum up interest.
- And even if you can't give right now, you can still pack meals at the event on April 16th!
Thanks for being a part of God's dream ... and thanks for getting hangry.